To be Unclear is to be Unkind: EmployeesNov 03, 2017
If you haven't already please read
To be Unclear is to Unkind
Not an employee? Read
Consider sitting down with a cup of coffee and write down what you expect of your ideal position. Think about your “ideal boss” and what they would offer you. Write what you NEED and what you WANT. As your best self what would you have to offer your future "ideal boss"? Why would you be the BEST employee ever and be a true asset to their business?
- Do you have a written job description laying out your duties?
- Do you understand why you are a w-2 employee, or why your employer has you as an Independent Contractor?
- Is their classification of you legal and correct?
- Has your employer spelled out exactly how you are paid, commission, hourly, bonuses?
- Tips, split tips, no tips?
- Paid sick time, paid maternity leave, paid vacation?
- Is this something that will change after a set amount of time (90 days, 1 year, etc) or is it not something they offer?
- How much time off a year can you take off unpaid without putting your job in danger?
- If you want to take 2-4 weeks off a year to travel to trade shows or hands-on training.
When you are looking at your current situation or a future situation you won’t consider leaving your employer because you will tell them what you expect out of the relationship and won’t become disillusioned.
Don't Miss Out!
New blogs, motivation, and workshop invites delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.